Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for a jump map to include inside a larger map  (Read 999 times)
Maggot

Hey guys,
   I am developing a trade server map for Reddit, and one of the things lots of people have requested is that it has a section dedicated to jumping, so people can jump around while they are looking for hats to buy.

The thing is, I'm on a limited deadline to build this map from scratch, AND I really suck at jumping, so I am a poor choice to design a jump map.  What I am hoping is that one of you guys who makes jump maps will give me permission to include elements from one of your maps into my map.  If you could give me the source file for your map so I can open it up in hammer without decompiling, that would be awesome too.

I'd really like to provide the users of this trade server a fun jumping experience, so if someone here would give me permission to embed some jumps from your maps into our server, that would be completely awesome.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Soldier

someone call bob and ask for adventure source

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
why not use jump_trix or something?

Soldier

its not hard to make a freestyle room if thats what he really wants

Fly

2Tired2Pogo

its not hard to make a freestyle room if thats what he really wants

oops read the question wrong i thought he was making a server not a map.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Wouldn't a freestyle kind of area be better anyways?  Seems like it'd be kind of weird to have an actual map in it, rather than somewhere you could just jump around in.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
SteveNC made adventure! SHAME ON YOU WHOO!

As for a jump map experience, i suppose jump_revenge horse room would probably fit the bill. jump_trix is MASSIVE and pretty boring for anyone who doesn't know how to do jumps. If you wanted an actual jump course it would probably be worth taking something like jump_adventure course 1+2 or jump_quba course 1. (Those 2 particular maps are CRAZY over played but apparently bad jumpers still like them and I assume most traders aren't the best at jumping...

---------------------------

Soldier

Lol my bad...

Actually Prolly the best combo of stuff I think would be a freestyle room, a couple easy courses (adventure 1-3) and some pogo practice runs..

Guess he'll have to figure out what he wants. And someone call SteveNC

Maggot

Thanks a ton for the suggestions guys - I'm talking to quba, and think his map would be perfect for this idea.  This is an awesome community  ;D

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
SteveNC made adventure! SHAME ON YOU WHOO!

As for a jump map experience, i suppose jump_revenge horse room would probably fit the bill. jump_trix is MASSIVE and pretty boring for anyone who doesn't know how to do jumps. If you wanted an actual jump course it would probably be worth taking something like jump_adventure course 1+2 or jump_quba course 1. (Those 2 particular maps are CRAZY over played but apparently bad jumpers still like them and I assume most traders aren't the best at jumping...

I...I still like jump_quba...

;_;

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC