Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jumpers getting into competitve TF2  (Read 2344 times)
Soldier

Very carefully
I'd also just like to say that cody is bad.

why you gotta be like that alex

Offline  cbear
Maggot

MIKE in dm server tearing up idiots... good to see.

I've gotten a few adds. Feel free to msg me with any specific questions, I'm generally Away to avoid creepy nerds like conductor (BURN CODY BURNNNNN), but if you message me generally I'll reply when I'm at the computer.

"DM" Mod IP addresses. The mod is pretty fun, if you can handle getting 3v1'd from time to time and constantly flanked by scouts. You play at a competitive map mid point and try to kill the other team. When you make a kill, you regenerate a % of health. A lot of comp players 'practice' there, and it's a good place to meet people / kill nerds.

96.8.112.104:27015 Chicago

96.8.114.10:27015 Dallas

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
I've been playing comp for like a year. My team's pretty decent. Got to div 3, was doing well for the first 2 games of the season then we all sorta lost interest and stopped trying. We're probably not gonna enter next ETF2L next season so I dunno what I'm gonna do.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:24:38 PM by Scotteh »

Soldier

Very carefully
I'm generally Away to avoid creepy nerds like conductor (BURN CODY BURNNNNN)

ripping my heart out here alex

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
if we do make a jumper highlander team i bagzy heavy XD

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I initially stopped playing competitively after S6 in ESEA because I couldn't be as committed as the rest of the players on my team wanted me to be, which was completely understandable as I was regularly missing practices or cutting them short (I think they're playing in invite this season though, so maybe I should've stayed  ???.) Now that my life-schedule is a bit more settled and I have the time, I've been trying to get back into comp  through pugging, but I'm really struggling to have as much fun with the game as I used to and don't see how joining a team would change that.

It would definitely be cool to see some of the jumpers reach  higher levels of comp play though, I know a lot of the euro jumpers are involved in etf2l, it seems those in NA aren't as involved though.

Maggot

I see quite a lot of comp players on Jump it, signficantly more so right before/after the typical  9~12 scrim times.  Looking at the speedrun leaderboards as a reference now and I guess the best of the best on jump it typically don't. I realize its not the best metric as I can think of a few real strong jumpers that don't give any fucks about speedruns, but it's something.

Rocketeer

I see quite a lot of comp players on Jump It
I think that's more comp players doing some jumping and not jumpers doing comp.

---------------------------

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Tragic (being the doll that he is) wanted me to post this here for those who dont know about it: http://natf2.com/topics/3523-na-newbie-mix

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

I see quite a lot of comp players on Jump it, signficantly more so right before/after the typical  9~12 scrim times.  Looking at the speedrun leaderboards as a reference now and I guess the best of the best on jump it typically don't. I realize its not the best metric as I can think of a few real strong jumpers that don't give any fucks about speedruns, but it's something.

Yeah... lot of the best don't ever do speedruns unfortunately. Also speedruns have been mostly broken for months...

I'm #7 on the speedrun charts but in terms of actual skill I'm sure I'm not even in the top 25.

Soldier

Quote from: tordana link=topic=621.msg5277#msg5277

Yeah... lot of the best don't ever do speedruns unfortunately. Also speedruns have been mostly broken for months...

I'm #7 on the speedrun charts but in terms of actual skill I'm sure I'm not even in the top 25.

Part of the issue with speed running is that for there to be maintained interest a few things have to be going on.

There has to be enough ppl interested in speed running. - part of this was addressed with the new (er) version that allowed for global rines by increasing the pool of ppl that were competing on the same ' leader board'

There is a very high skill level to even compete - this decreases the amount of ppl that actually have comparative times. This is somewhat due to a lot of newer maps being more technically difficult (not a bad thing if you dont care about speedruns), so, the interst in speedrunning it is lowered. Also, there arnt lots of new maps (tho that seems to slowly be changing)

Soo... Ill stop my book and thread jack there... Lol

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
Quote from: tordana link=topic=621.msg5277#msg5277

Part of the issue with speed running is that for there to be maintained interest a few things have to be going on.

There has to be enough ppl interested in speed running. - part of this was addressed with the new (er) version that allowed for global rines by increasing the pool of ppl that were competing on the same ' leader board'

There is a very high skill level to even compete - this decreases the amount of ppl that actually have comparative times. This is somewhat due to a lot of newer maps being more technically difficult (not a bad thing if you dont care about speedruns), so, the interst in speedrunning it is lowered. Also, there arnt lots of new maps (tho that seems to slowly be changing)

Soo... Ill stop my book and thread jack there... Lol

You also have to accept you'll never be #1 on any map because Huh and Matti will always beat your time. :D

Offline  Walka!
Maggot

I initially stopped playing competitively after S6 in ESEA because I couldn't be as committed as the rest of the players on my team wanted me to be, which was completely understandable as I was regularly missing practices or cutting them short (I think they're playing in invite this season though, so maybe I should've stayed  ???.) Now that my life-schedule is a bit more settled and I have the time, I've been trying to get back into comp  through pugging, but I'm really struggling to have as much fun with the game as I used to and don't see how joining a team would change that.

It would definitely be cool to see some of the jumpers reach  higher levels of comp play though, I know a lot of the euro jumpers are involved in etf2l, it seems those in NA aren't as involved though.

Its because your not running double roamer strat with me. =)

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC