Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reborn - TF2 Jump video by Bio.  (Read 1435 times)
Offline  Bio
Maggot

Heyo. Klanana suggested I put this here.  :D

Reborn - TF2 Jump Movie

After watching Dellorts 3 videos come out I was inspired to make my own jump movie.
ALSO: This was my first TF2 video ever so the editing is.....meh. I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:58:51 PM by Klanana »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Woo thanks for posting it here - i fixed the vid for ya too.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Some decent jumps in there but there were a few things a didn't like..

1-Slamming into a wall, looks very accidental and gives the impression you had no control.
2-Missing pre-fires. it looked as if you missed a few of those pre-fires and just kept going anyway, if you aren't Igoing to use it, don't shoot it.
3-Try to avoid doing jumps as they were intended, especially jumps that are very narrow. eg the jump on heaven, littleman and klanana.

Rest is fine, would be worth using an ammo script too, 4 rockets is VERY restricting.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:32:14 PM by Raiin »

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

2-Missing pre-fires. it looked as if you missed a few of those pre-fires and just kept going anyway, if you aren't going to use it, don't shoot it.

Definitely.  Makes it look like you just fire rockets and hope they hit, which is sloppy.  Maybe people who don't jump might not notice it as much but it's definitely looks sloppy to most likely anybody who actually jumps.

3-Try to avoid doing jumps as they were intended, especially jumps that are very narrow. eg the jump on heaven, littleman and klanana.

Probably my biggest complaint, especially since the ones you chose were pretty long jumps/had some slow pogos.  Pogo just simply isn't exciting to watch, and I personally would recommend to not include them in a movie.

Would be worth using an ammo script too, 4 rockets is VERY restricting.

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php?topic=566.0
there ya go.

All together I'd say it's an alright video for being your first one.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Bio
Maggot

Thanks for all the feedback! THANK YOU for the ammo script!!!!!!!

..Yeah I'm going to avoid the jumps with longer pogos. They were the last ones I recorded I just needed something time consuming, and I was running out of ideas.

Offline  Aero
Maggot

I think it was a good video. Personally I like seeing jumps on 'regular' maps as opposed to jump maps. But sometimes jump maps are cool too.

Offline  Bio
Maggot

Here is my 2nd attempt at a movie/video:

Biology - TF2 Jump Video

Again I'd appreciate some feedback.  :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:18:50 AM by Klanana »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Fuck you, I can't airpogo like that. :<
Great job on this video, man.
I really liked it.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Bio
Maggot

Thanks!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Soldier

Very carefully
kinda boring to see the same skips and speedshots on the same stock maps that I've seen a million times before but aside from that it was a big improvement from the last one

edit - yeah I guess I should have mentioned the demo jumps were pretty good, a lot better than the sol ones
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:13:25 AM by conductor »

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
kinda boring to see the same skips and speedshots on the same stock maps that I've seen a million times before but aside from that it was a big improvement from the last one

That air pogo on high tower was very good. Enjoyed most of the demo clips as a matter of fact.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Demo was way more entertaining than soldier. Although I'm impressed at the consistency of your speed shots -- seen it all before. Dem airpogos were on another level.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

A lot of the same old boring soldier speedshots and skips, but they were a little better than from the previous video.  The demo jumps were alright.  Air pogo isd hard

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I went ahead and embedded the vid in the post - all you have to do is put a youtube link in your post and it wlll embed it... sorry our forums don't really say how that works!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC