Forums

Poll

Question: Is Dead Island Worth It?  (Voting closed: September 17, 2011, 01:28:47 AM)

• Yes
    - 3 (42.9%)
    No
    - 1 (14.3%)
    Unsure
    - 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Dead Island Worth It?  (Read 1115 times)
Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Making this pole because I'm interested in buying this with real money (They wouldn't accept my Monopoly money). I hope I'm not the only person interested.

Pros I've seen. (YouTube)
Looks beautiful.
Friend told me he was in the second act after 10 hours of play, no idea how many 'acts' there are.
Who doesn't like bashing some faces in?

Cons I've seen. (YouTube)
A few odd glitches here and there. Nothing overly bad.
Survivors don't really seem to do anything other than give quests/objectives.
Zombies seem a bit easy to kill, knock them down and then kick the crap out of them until dead...again.

---------------------------

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

I've been playing a bit of dead island, and the main aspect of the game is searching around this island, getting better weapons, and killing many, many zombies. so if thats your type of game, go for it.

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
I thought it looked like a pretty good game. I haven't played it but I know people who have and they had doubts for it, but they seem to be enjoying it. I think you should go for it. Seems like a pretty fun game.

Soldier

Very carefully
I heard it plays like a bad console port

Offline  11
Fly

Jump Around!
It's a polish game, of course it's worth it : D

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
It's a polish game, of course it's worth it : D
Sure?

Offline  mixup
Maggot

Download the pirated version if you wanna try it out. If you like it then buy it so you can play online with friends. You don't have to kill zombies by just kicking them, you can knock them down then get a headshot and 1 hit kill them cuz kicking takes too long. Hitting only once with your weapon won't waste it's durability much. Over all it's a cool game. It's like L4D cept with a twist in the sense it's like an MMO. I haven't run into any glitches yet and I have a pirated version.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Ya why not just pirate it first then buy it later if you like it.  I think of torrents as demos. 

Although, after playing it I can say my fears were true.  Got tired of it really fast.  Still up to you tho.  One thing I can say however, the fucking menus are awful.  Not the menus themselves, but being in them is horrid.  Unless you have like fucking maximum sensitivity, or anything that would be tolerable in game, the sens in the menus is absurdly low.  It really is nearly intolerable.  I guess you can use arrow keys to navigate them but that's still kind of aggravating that you have to do that.  Idk if this is fixed in later versions or not but I think I had like the second and third updates in my torrent so it might not be yet (if they even intend to fix it)

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  mixup
Maggot

Ya why not just pirate it first then buy it later if you like it.  I think of torrents as demos. 

Although, after playing it I can say my fears were true.  Got tired of it really fast.  Still up to you tho.  One thing I can say however, the fucking menus are awful.  Not the menus themselves, but being in them is horrid.  Unless you have like fucking maximum sensitivity, or anything that would be tolerable in game, the sens in the menus is absurdly low.  It really is nearly intolerable.  I guess you can use arrow keys to navigate them but that's still kind of aggravating that you have to do that.  Idk if this is fixed in later versions or not but I think I had like the second and third updates in my torrent so it might not be yet (if they even intend to fix it)

Very true. The sensitivity is low in menus. If you turn it up then it throws your aim off in game. Only real way around it is if you have a mouse with a DPI switcher. I have one, but im lazy to set it up. And ya a lot of it is repetitive like opening and looking around for every little thing.

Maggot

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4694-Dead-Island

I'm with yahtzee on this one, fucking zombie game after zombie game... what's wrong with you people

Online  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4694-Dead-Island

I'm with yahtzee on this one, fucking zombie game after zombie game... what's wrong with you people

Best review evar

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC