Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mouse Settings  (Read 905 times)
Fly

Yeah, test it yourself. I guarantee any mouse on the market will show slight signs of acceleration (either positive or negative) as you go towards its extreme ranges of dpi. As I said before though it's a small difference and won't actually matter, but please don't get the mindset that highest dpi = best precision/performance because it's not true.

Ok thanks, what I ended up with was matching my dpi to my sensitivity of 1 to = my comfort range of 5.9"/360 ish for soldier and 8.2"/360 for sniper and scout.  Seems to be a sweet spot for me and is working great for jumping and in game.

If anyone is interested:

2800 Dpi, 1 in game sensitivity is 5.8"/360 degree's
2000 Dpi, 1 in game sensitivity is 8.2"/360 degree's

Thanks for the good input guys, appreciate it.

Rocketman

Stumbled across this while searching for an answer to my previous question. http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html

In addition to your usual x/360 count, it has a 'useful dpi' calculation, which tells you how much dpi is actually effective in your setup. Unfortunately requires you to have calculated x/360 first, but whatever. Turns out based on my settings, Only ~300 of it is useful, so I could lower DPI and increase sens if I wanted to.

Note: says quake, but should be the same for source games, I'd imagine. Get similar numbers in other places.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:19:47 PM by Kairu927 »

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC