Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Leaks and Fullbright  (Read 1705 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

the whole "sky brush" should be textured with the skybox2d texture, and not just the face players will see.

at least that's how i think it should, correct me if i'm wrong

It doesn't matter at all

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
then why wouldnt that be a fix for guyyst's problem?
just use skybox texture on the outside that you see from the previous skybox

Maggot

Naaaah, you didnt do anything to your lights, and using too many skybox textures doesnt do jack squat do rad size, since its still just a box, thats placed behind every skybox texture - so no matter how many you use, you still only need 1 box to render all of em.

Drexen put it to the point, 1.6gigs are too much data for rad to handle, because of the 32bit system architecture it runs on, that limits it to something close to 1.5 gigs of max data, before it just stops doing stuff - or crashes.

Just listen to his advice, and your problem should be fixed.

happy mapping, laters :3

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
blind, 32bit calculation = 2^32 = 4,294,967,296 bits size at one time, which people generally see as 4gb

(ofc also needing to run windows etc, but in theory 2 different programs should be able to use different parts of the ram or rather, if they wouldn't  all stuff would go to hell)

also... i havent had problems with hammer going over 1,6 gb just yet... surely.. i cant actually even click on hammer while its doing that, or it will prolly crash... but just wait 5-20 min, and it WILL eventually finish.
(on my pc at least)

edit: though it is true that i usually put my lightmapscale to 32 for my maps out of habit (or even 64 on some parts) so that ofc brings my ram usage down, but then again i do make maps with 40+ jumps on them, which is comparetively large i think.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:07:49 PM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

blind, 32bit calculation = 2^32 = 4,294,967,296 bits size at one time, which people generally see as 4gb

Doesnt matter, processes are still limited to 2gb by default, which includes other stuff so it ends up being around 1.5gb usually.

If anyone wants more than that read the last post in this thread:
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=784366

Havent tried it myself but I dont see why that wouldnt work.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
hammer isn't even large adress aware by default? omg... valve...

(still tho i'm pretty sure i've had processes run which were 32bit and non-LAA yet using more then 2gb, ill check on some programs i know are 32bit non-LAA... )

also my mind can't yet wrap itself around how the math doesn't work in practice, might just be the heat though... ^^
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:19:58 AM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Fly

video games
also... i havent had problems with hammer going over 1,6 gb just yet... surely.. i cant actually even click on hammer while its doing that, or it will prolly crash... but just wait 5-20 min, and it WILL eventually finish.
(on my pc at least)

http://qsextreme.com/vbct/

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC