Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quad suggestions/requests/misc  (Read 967 times)
Soldier

Here is a couple things that would be nice to have for the new quad mod...

Disable the Direct Hit - this makes it a lot easier...

Have the quad mod turn on automatically on quad_ maps and maybe conc maps

!quadme cmd - Maybe change it to just !quad

Health mod - Something that emulates hurtme -999, most converted maps do not have hurtme in them

Ammo mod - as it stands now, without regen (or in a resup zone) you are at 3 rox and all. Maybe make the reserve like 200 or something for maps with no resup zones so you dont run out but still have to reload?

As I mentioned to you a little about maybe a plugin that adds a default info_player_spawn ent for maps that dont have one, that would be really nice. There are a lot of good tfc remakes that FF peeps have ported already that that would be all they need.

There are a few maps (quad_tyrant, not the quad_tyrant_tf2) that has lua scripts to allow you to do the course in reverse which is based on team color and a few other things. This doesnt work by default for tf2, but if your interested maybe we can work something out.. idk

just some thoughts... maybe more later
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:26:35 AM by drwhooo »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
disable direct hit? ehm.... care

auton on quadmap, sure

chaning it to !quad, sure

health mod, ask rush to make his !regen do that? (since its kinda already in his mod, just not in a way to keep ppl alive)

i could maybe make a ammobox brush cover the entire maps for the ammo idea? (though we should just NOT straight port maps, and either remake or actually port them, and we wouldn't have such problems)

i probably could, but i'm still not really for straight-porting, it's just a 100x better if the map was at least simply fixed for tf2, instead of doing shenanigans with plugin to make it work

dunno how to get the lua working :S (but reverse would be cool, in tfc you'd simply have 2 maps for that, llike quad_adam and quad_adam_r, but ye... i dunno about anything lua)

---------------------------

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC