Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weapon banlists  (Read 1798 times)
Offline  Waldo
Maggot

I play a lot of MGE (More then it can be good for actual practice, I know) and one thing which annoys me on the iT server is the banlist. It blocks the gardener, which I (and several people I know) legitimately use it. Also, there's the fact that gunboats aren't banned, which in MGE are just plain annoying.

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

You can't legitimately use the Market Gardener in 6v6, outside of PUGs.

I blocked them because it's annoying to have two people wasting an arena by taking an hour to complete one round with MG only.

Good point about the Gunboats though. I'll add them.

Offline  Waldo
Maggot

I blocked them because it's annoying to have two people wasting an arena by taking an hour to complete one round with MG only.

I see what you mean there, though I haven't witnessed that outside of bball, but I know a few people who legitimately use it (Including myself).

Rocketman

http://twitch.tv/bkairu/c/1739980

I scrimmed tonight to prove you wrong.  It also refuses to export to youtube.

Market Gardener 4k in Comp Highlander
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:46:40 PM by Kairu927 »

Offline  Waldo
Maggot

I scrimmed tonight to prove you wrong.

/flamewar Highlander proves nothing.

But yeah, it is legitimate. I run it standard in 6s as a roamer, great for surprise value and for getting high value targets if they try and escape.
Also fun for sending people flying in MGE, by the way.

Offline  HBC
Maggot

awk
Market gardener is not good in MGE, I agree with zigzter's decision to keep it on the ban list.

Rocketman

So... any way we can unban the FaN?  I enjoy using it as my scout weapon, and it isn't banned in ESEA.  Any reason for it to be removed? Not like it unbalances anything.

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

It's a bad unlock and you should feel bad for wanting to use it.

But seriously. Shitscan is shitscan. Playing with the stock gun will help you just as much, and it's fucking annoying to play against the FaN.

Rocketman

Redditmge it is!

I'm a douchebag!

Klanana so mean.

I'm not mean you're mean.

You're meaner.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:00:41 PM by Kairu927 »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Kairu is a douche... but I don't see the reasoning behind banning a weapon that isn't ESEA banned. We don't want to turn people off from the server because they can't use certain weapons just because you dont like playing against them.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

No one's going to use it in ESEA though. (Low Open teams and Mackey don't count)

I'm pretty sure no one likes playing against the FaN, but I'll talk to people and see what they think about it.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC