Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to get Hammer ''working''  (Read 529 times)
Maggot

Not gonna steal it: Source
http://www.thevilluns.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24187&p=379205
For those who do not know yet.

Offline  duppy
Fly

That tutorial is a bit old I think.  Right now, the only thing you should have to do is opt into the beta and then to actually run Hammer, you use the batch file "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\Hammer.bat" (or similar, based on where TF2 is installed).

Now, some comments on what's wrong about that tutorial...

In step 2 of the tutorial, it says to add the VPROJECT environment variable, but that's no longer necessary since the Hammer.bat will create it for your if it needs to.

In step 3, it says to edit tf/gameinfo.txt, but it shouldn't be necessary.  Mine does not have "ToolsAppId 211" in it, and Hammer works perfectly fine.

In step 4 it mentions you should run hammer.exe which is almost correct....hammer.bat is preferred.  It also says you should add tf.fgd and base.fgd added to Hammer's "Game Data Files" (Game Configuration tab) under Tools->Options menu, which is wrong.  You should only have one FGD file in there which is tf.fgd, or more specifically it should say $SteamUserDir\Team Fortress 2\bin\tf.fgd

In step 5 it says to re-add the displacement-painting brushes, but this has already been fixed.

Maggot

Step 3 actually fixed the problem for me.

Offline  duppy
Fly

Step 3 actually fixed the problem for me.

Which problem?  Scheme file error?

Maggot

Exactly.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC