Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Heinz Jumps  (Read 2216 times)
Offline  duppy
Fly

So that's what jump_twist looks like without pink checkerboard textures...looks rather nice :)   Cool jump too Heinz.  I always enjoy seeing alternative ways to finish a jump.

BTW, if someone's interested in fixing the textures on that map, I found the texture pack that's used, which can download here
Extract to "team fortress 2\tf\materials\" folder.

Rocketeer

Heinz Jumps #4

---------------------------

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
i've been trying to do this same jump...

Rocketeer

Heinz Jumps #5

edgeshot, not a speedshot.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:32:03 AM by Dr. Heinz »

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Heinz Jumps #5

edgeshot, not a speedshot.

haha wow that was sick. Nice one

Offline  Arthur
Maggot

I don't get it, edgeshot is pretty much a speedshoot on a edge of a platform, and on a platform so thin it will automaticly be an "edgeshot" no ?

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I don't get it, edgeshot is pretty much a speedshoot on a edge of a platform, and on a platform so thin it will automaticly be an "edgeshot" no ?

No, an edgebug is an engine bug which occurs when you hit the very edge of a platform (I think it's 1/16 of a unit, can't remember), which causes you to continue on with momentum. In the clip above he did an edgebug as well as firing a rocket, giving him enough distance the clear the gap. I don't think a regular speedshot would be possible with as much speed as Heinz had.

Rocketeer

No, an edgebug is an engine bug which occurs when you hit the very edge of a platform (I think it's 1/16 of a unit, can't remember), which causes you to continue on with momentum. In the clip above he did an edgebug as well as firing a rocket, giving him enough distance the clear the gap. I don't think a regular speedshot would be possible with as much speed as Heinz had.
Pretty much this. You also still don't get fall damage. I turned off the sound, but in the demo and the clip I recorded this from you do not hear the sound from the fall damage. You can also see how smooth I continue.

Rocketeer

Heinz Jumps #6 Small | Large

Fly

You really don't waste anytime putting up vids.

Rocketeer

Heinz Jumps #7

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC