Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on Cannonjumping?  (Read 376 times)
Maggot

I myself being a scrub at jumping, am not entirely sure what to think on the subject. I've tried it and liked it but don't have the experience necessary to pass a judgement.

I would like the opinion of you jump experts out there, what are your thoughts on cannonjumping? Do you like the idea? Would you try it out? How much potential do you think this demoman subclass has in terms of jumping?

Veloxinium's video of jump_beef:
Jump_Beef as a Cannonknight

My humble contribution:
jump_4starters_a9 B as Cannonknight Small | Large

Rocketman

The explosion radius isn't really enough to do anything with, so all the cannon will really do is 1-2 sticky strafe jumps, which are easy enough with just 1-2 stickies, rendering the cannon near useless.  Fun gimmick weapon though, but I wouldn't really consider that 'cannon jumping'.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i think it should be possible to be good at it, ie beat most jumps on maps

IF..... you can get around/over the fact that it shoots off-centre and has a random bounce of off walls
if you can work with that, its mostly a weaker conc

me however, i tried, and i just hate it for those 2 reasons, pure and absolute hate, it could be brilliant, but i think it isnt in its current form

(also, you used caber in that run... pfffff)

---------------------------

Offline  duppy
Fly

Like Kairu, I just see it as a fun gimmick weapon.  Also, those videos are not really impressive nor fun to watch for me...caber and charge is too much of a cheat because you can be so sloppy and still make a jump.

I still enjoy using The Loose Cannon when I'm in my "messing around having fun" mood and somewhat looking for a challenge on easier maps though.  I'll do something like seeing how far I can get with one sticky to start a jump and The Loose Cannon to finish the jump...or simply using the cannon for the whole jump.  The other day I finished jump_sexydev_v3 with that method, and on jump_beef I think I completed it that way with the exception of the jump that requires a button press...can do it on first course of jump_quba as well.   

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC