Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Console error spam?  (Read 1207 times)
Offline  duppy
Fly

Just curious, does anyone else get their console spammed with messages like this:

Attempt to set particle collection rocketjump_smoke to invalid orientation matrix

and

Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'backblast' to attach particle system 'rocketbackblast' to.

...I'm pretty sure it's safe to ignore them, but sometimes it's spammed so much, like a 100 errors a second it seems, and the scrollbar goes crazy.  I did the whole "verify integrity of game cache" thing, and it's always perfectly fine.  Anyway, like I said, I'm just curious if it's just me or what.

Screenshot:

Soldier

All the time, even on unmodded TF2. I guess it's hard to keep everything working together flawlessly over 5 years of constant updates.

Maggot

if you don't want to see it anymore just add this to your autoexec

con_filter_enable 1
con_filter_text_out particle

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Jamien is literally the god of console and scripting.

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  duppy
Fly

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one...and thanks Jamien for that awesome tip!

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Is there anything bad about this? Does it slow down your game or is it just an inconvenience?

Rocketman

Is there anything bad about this? Does it slow down your game or is it just an inconvenience?

I'd imagine it does/can, since sometimes it can be writing upwards of 15 lines per second to your console

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
okay thanks for confirming

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC