Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Original and Rocket Jumping  (Read 1234 times)
Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
any opinions on the Original? if you didn't know the rocket jumping is a bit different from the stock rocket launcher because the rockets come out of the center of the screen instead of from the right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:20:21 PM by beskute »

Rocketman

Left walls become a bit better while slow, a bit worse while fast
Right walls become a bit worse while slow, a bit better while fast
Wallpogo becomes simpler, but somewhat slower
Climbing straight up a wall no longer requires you turning

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
which do you prefer?

Offline  adrian
Fly

stock rl is infinitely better

---------------------------

Soldier

Stock #1

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

Offline  duppy
Fly

In my opinion, The Original is easier to get maximum vertical height (627 units regular, 691 units ctap), but the regular Rocket Launcher seems to give a boost to horizontal distance (and thus speed) which is what you want for most jumps.  Actually, I don't think it's necessarily a boost, but your downward angle (pitch) tends to be more "behind" you and results in more horizontal movement, at least if you start the jump off holding the left strafe key.  The only other thing The Original has going for it is the lack of that "drifting to the left" effect, so it can be easier to use on something obscure like jumping straight up through a very small hole.  So for some small cases, it might be better to use The Original, but like 98% of the time you want to use the regular Rocket Launcher. 

Rocketman

seems to give a boost to horizontal distance (and thus speed) which is what you want for most jumps.

I believe that's all because of the firing angle.  With the original you need to turn so far that you'll be holding strafe+backwards at the same time.  If holding S in the air doesn't slow you for that slight moment, the fact that you have to turn all the way around means you're either doing a bit of a spin-strafe, or you just spend a longer time gaining your bearings.  Either way you're a bit slower.  However, due to the angle, you can hit spots further ahead when rapidly doing wall shots.

Both stock and original are capable of the same height, but with stock you need to angle your shot, and start walking to the left right, in order to have the rocket hit underneath you.  This does make it quite a bit harder to do though.

Personal preference is stock, everyday. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:39:29 AM by Kairu927 »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I prefer using the Original.
It makes downpogos easy.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
stock 4ever

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Stock because I learned this way.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i like original, cos that way its the same angles as in quake/tfc/ut/anyother fps with rocketlaunchers that ive already played

i find no difficulties with it, only with my patience... but that was even worse when we still only had normal rl :P

Rocketeer

Both stock and original are capable of the same height, but with stock you need to angle your shot, and start walking to the right, in order to have the rocket hit underneath you.  This does make it quite a bit harder to do though.

Stock all day all night.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
thanks everyone

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC