Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: jump_bomb  (Read 4519 times)
Offline  bombs
Fly

hahaha thank you for leaving out the worst one glow

the double catches on 16 and 20 were really awesome, you're really good at those.

also a handful of these issues should be fixed by the time i update. clips above the wall on 12, making that prop on 9 not solid, making the walls on 19 not shootable, but im gonna leave the pillars on 16 cause that was really cool and is probably a much harder way than the intended way. and of course there are a few adjustements to 20 that need to be done, but those are also a simple fix.

vid looks nice good job m8
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:53:50 PM by bombs »

Offline  bombs
Fly

someone made a video of the map! added it to the op but here it is anyway

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

fun map....but why those bonus?

lol i wanted them to be more fun than difficult. 3 is the only difficult one and you can cheat the triple pretty easily. i figured not everyone would like them as much so thats why i made it so you can get to any bonus from the end cap
THEY ARE LOADS OF FUN. THE BONUSES ARE THE BEST.

Offline  bombs
Fly

yami ive been wondering for a long time now if that is sarcasm or just random caps lock adoration.

I've been thinking hard about ideas for more jumps, and I've decided I'm going to add 5-10 jumps to jump_bomb. The first cp will still come after the first 20 jumps, but these jumps will be an extra course at the end once you reach the first cp. I'm thinking up some challenging, creative jumps and hopefully people will like them. Also, I plan on adding 1 or 2 extra bonus jumps that revolve around the anti grav theme that my first 3 use.

Maybe some of you dislike the bonuses because they are silly or gimmicky. Well, thats why they are bonuses. #1 is supposed to introduce you to the zero grav, #2 is just a neat idea that hasn't been done before in jump maps. and #3 is a mix of the anti grav with more conventional ideas.

#2 specifically has turned some people off and I think thats because its too easy. However, it is interesting because you can drastically change the speed you're going when you finish it by continually strafing. New jumpers may not realize this but by strafing left and right (and i mean strafing as in WITH moving the mouse accordingly like on any jump) you can increase your speed. If you keep doing it you can actually travel faster than a rocket by the end of the "jump". Its the main mechanic used in long jump maps from CS.

anyway you can imagine an extended bonus #3, where you go through an anti-grav strafe, like an upside down quba 3-1. ceiling syncs! all sorts of shit! Since making another entire map doesn't seem like something I'll likely do, you can bet i'm going to milk jump_bomb for all its worth until you're sick of it.

been taking a break from computer games for work and books, but hopefully i will soon be jumping again and return to the average level of skill that i once had.

happy new years!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:37:02 PM by bombs »

Rocketeer

Lovely, I actually liked the second bonus.

---------------------------

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
This map looks fantastic. Unfortunately my computer does not enjoy rendering it. :(

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

yami ive been wondering for a long time now if that is sarcasm or just random caps lock adoration.
I was actually serious this time! :o

Maggot

This is my favorite jump thus far. Kudos.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
awesome ideas, but I can barely see...

Offline  bombs
Fly

awesome ideas, but I can barely see...

not to parrot drexen here but I hear this complaint from a small number of people while 99% of the people I talk to about it say its fine. If people had told me it was too dark when i was testing it then i would have brightened it up. I suggest you increase your game brightness or adjust other video settings on your computer if you're legitimately having trouble seeing. If you have your brightness on the lowest setting it is indeed much too dark to play so try increasing it : )

Maggot

hey bombs, as the creator of dabes jump map evar, i think i want a signature :P

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC