Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Jump/Run of the Week  (Read 9573 times)
Rocketman

How can I make a SourceTV demo? I can't seem to find a guide anywhere, thanks.

Join local server

Code: [Select]
tv_enable 1
Reload map.  You now have a spectator named SourceTV.  To begin recording a demo, it's just like you would for yourself.

Code: [Select]
tv_record DEMONAME

tv_stoprecord

Make sure you do tv_stoprecord not tv_stop or it will crash, and you'll likely lose the demo.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Hey Afterglow. This series seems to be going great, I'm really enjoying it, but for people that submit can you email them back if you're going to use their submission. Anyways, keep it up ;D

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Hey Afterglow. This series seems to be going great, I'm really enjoying it, but for people that submit can you email them back if you're going to use their submission. Anyways, keep it up ;D

Well, we don't want to do that because what if we happen to get something better the day before we make JOTW/ROTW? Can't make any guarantees to people as long as there's still a chance we will get something better. I can confirm that we got your guys' email if that's what you want, but I can't say whether we'll use it or not.

---------------------------

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
how do you playback stv demos

Rocketman

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
yep, i actually tried that before asking the question. I used 'demoui' but I guess I was just using the wrong command. You don't have to be such a dick about it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:02:21 PM by urlnderscore »

Rocketman

That wasn't being a dick, this is:

I put as much time into my answer as you did searching for one.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
yeah, sorry i was just a bit annoyed that day.

Maggot

Are runs done on the jumpit servers accepted?

Rocketeer

Are runs done on the jumpit servers accepted?
Yes, even if it's a run on a self created server

Rocketman

Made a list of ROTWS

lemme know if there's any errors

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9N6ci9v1uWdDVsR2ptdGlPUjJseGNqWlRMQ05PYmc&usp=sharing

I'll make the jotw one later.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:18:04 AM by Afterglow »

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

My facility run isnt WR anymore, adrian beat it in a race we did a while ago (also his first run on that map that day), so yeah...
Dat adrian. His time was ~2:47 or something like that.

Rocketman

7.5 counts as a second rotw?  :P

Rocketman

Ya the WR is yes or no at the time of the run. If you highlight the WR? you'll see the comment:

"World record time at the time of the run? (Y/N) These are just guesses based on previous times. There's always a chance someone somewhere got a better time but didn't record it. So they're all WR's until proven false."

For instance I know for a fact that exco's time on drexen has been beaten by Jamien (legitimately at that, no rocket jumper). But it was #1 at the time of the run.

Idk if the WR? column should be based on if it's still a WR or not. And i just included 7.5 for the hell of it. I'll take it out of the top 5 if it seems unfair.
'
So did adrian get that run before yours? cuz then I'll change it to N. But all in all, don't take that column too seriously cuz they're mostly guesses. As it is there's really no concept as world records in tf2 jumping. I remember momiko telling me he's gotten a faster time on facility as well when I linked him the first rotw, since it's his favorite map. But without proof I can't really say he has gotten a better run.

edit: just noticed you have to be signed into google to see the comments i made... fuckin google docs privacy settings so annoying to use
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:16:26 AM by Afterglow »

Maggot

Don't know how tu jump (:
This destroys my ego and confidence :(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC