Forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: UPDATED-> ATTENTION: READ ME EXCITING NEWS.  (Read 4224 times)
Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Well demos contain the information on what hat was used when it was recorded, so the only way to do that would be to create a custom skin making the worn hat look like the desired hat. It's possible and if someone else wants to do it for me I'll use it.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Have two demos, both could be cooler but meh. Shows some different skills not seen in the list of stuff you've gotten.

On cp_bazillion: Walljump into a double skip landing on top of the other side of mid, and then running into an invisible wall like a boss and losing my speed. -.-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7781923/bazillion_jump2.dem

On cp_glacier: Sticky jump into pipe + sticky jump, going around the mid tower. The jump itself isn't particularly special but I don't think I've seen anyone do a midair pipe+sticky before.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7781923/glacier2.dem

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
So.....10 jumps coming, 6 solly + 4 demo

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uqrabjm07xvgjwm/demos.rar
soldier:

-buildings jump on jump_hobo with double, no using walls (only to set up double)
-uber awesome (i think) jump on pl_cranetop_b8, wall, speed and double to the top of the crane
-roof to roof on doublecross, with double in the bridge
-pretty cool on pl_frontier, with speeds + ramp
-2 on plr_panic_b2, nothing too special, but yeah

demoman:

-air pogo to triple sitckie back to the start, koth_harvest
-3 jumps on aridia:
    -speed pogo
    -jump with 4 stickes, each 1 with diferent style. 1 normal, 1 airpogo, 1 wallpogo and 1 "floor"pogo
    -in that jump that you can't shoot the floor, launched a pipe up and exploded 2 stickies on the wall, pretty cool i guess

Added links to the custom non-jump maps.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I put all these jumpers in their place.

http://klanet.net/klare/tf2/klanana.dem

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  b4nny
Maggot

Looking for:
Creativity using pipes combined with stickies
Deadlines passed? Fuck! I just did a pretty cool jump like this.
I'll catch ya for the next movie, though.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:59:24 PM by b4nny »

Maggot

A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night
so hows progress going? haven't talked to you in a while, dellort.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

so hows progress going? haven't talked to you in a while, dellort.

Look down in general chat, his computer took a dump on itself.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
edit: NVM i see it, in offtopic

@b4nny probly means you can still send in/post your demo (but who knows when the movie will be coming out)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:40:38 AM by wonderland »

Maggot

Might I add that the music for the last vid wasn't great. The songs themselves are fine but they don't match the video or rocketjumping. It might be a good idea to run down a few songs across us and get some opinions.

Offline  Sparrow
Maggot

Is a Sparrow.
I disagree, I think the music most definitely matched the last video in a large number of areas, it's slightly off sync due to the youtube upload, but overall the timing is still fine for most of the jumps. There are a few jumps that don't line up well, but the vast majority of them work out fine with the music in my opinion. (For an example take wolsky's jump on aridia, music slows down perfectly for the slo-mo fall etc.) The idea to run some songs past us is still valid, but dellort should definitely have the final say considering he's making the video (for free) and should be able to choose the music that is most convenient for him/what he'd most like to work with.

Maggot

The aridia one was good since it was in slow-motion. There were others that were great as well no doubt and finding the right music isn't easy. However, if the jumps are fast, you want to music to be a bit more fast-paced too for good sync. The music was way too slow on jumps where most people were flying across the map.

One other thing I would like to add is that searching for the video was not as straightforward. It's called "hurtme -999" but nothing comes up when you type those keywords. When you get rid of the - in front of the 999, it comes up. So it might be a good idea to keep the name a little simple and easy to remember.

Offline  b4nny
Maggot

I ran in to the exact same problem finding the video when I tried to rewatch it the other day. Fix those tags, dellort!

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I need you guys to stop messaging me every day, asking when the video will  be finished. If you want a good video you'll have to wait a few more weeks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC